A Biblical View of Sexuality
Presented by Jacob Aranza, April 6, 2021
Pastor Jacob Aranza shared why marriage is under attack. If you don’t understand the purpose of something, you abuse it. God instituted marriage and family, and if you want to see what God wants to use, see what the devil tries to redefine and ruin.
Today’s sexual immorality results from a progression through four stages:
- Stage 1: Certain things are right and wrong because the Bible says so–Biblical morality.
- Stage 2: Certain things are right and wrong because society says so.
- Stage 3: Certain things are right and wrong, but I don’t care.
- Stage 4: There’s no such thing as right or wrong, and you’re narrow minded and hateful if you think so.
Pastor Aranza also stressed that God made sex good and for us to enjoy, but human beings can never satisfy us like God. God gives us boundaries around sex because He wants to protect and provide for us. The mission of the modern church is to rescue sex.
- Putting a divine expectation on another man will always disappoint.
- God wants to define man, now sex defines man.
- Survey after survey reveals that the most satisfying sex is found among religious people.
Children will imitate what they see at home. As Pastor Aranza expressed, the strongest antidote to the lies of pornography is a husband and wife that love each other. “There is no substitute for a mama and a daddy who love Jesus with all their heart.”
Pastor Jacob Aranza and his wife Michelle are founders of Our Savior’s Church and Aranza Outreach and have raised five strong boys and one beautiful daughter. Through Aranza Outreach, Pastor Jacob has spoken to over 5,000,000 young people around the world. He is a best selling author with five books in print and has shared ministry with Billy Graham, Focus on the Family and Campus Crusade. He is also a former chaplain for the New Orleans Saints. In addition to these things, Pastor Jacob and Michelle bring oversight to over twenty flourishing churches.